4554 Hollister Ave, Santa Barbara, CA 93110
About this Opportunity
Food banks are taking precautions and volunteers should expect the following:
- Food bank request that if you are sick or have any symptoms of a cold, flu or this virus, please do not come to the food bank
- Check food bank website and follow instructions. Register online and pre-volunteer phone screening, which may include the questions:
- Are you between the ages of 14-60?
- Have you traveled outside of the country, especially within the last 14 days? What country(ies) did you visit?
- Have you traveled in US travel within last 14 days?
- NOTE: Shift times, length of shift and group size (often less than 10 people) may be slightly different than the food banks’ regular posted info
- Food bank doors may be locked and individuals will have to call to gain entry
- Temperature taken of everyone entering food bank
- Handwashing stations will be located at entrances to the food bank and volunteers are required to use in order to volunteer. Everyone is required to follow these hygiene guidelines:
- Wash hands:
- Cover with soap
- Wash for 20 seconds
- Dry them completely
- Apply gloves if distributing food/packing food
- Do not touch your face, nose or mouth during your shift
- Should you take you gloves off for any reason, handwashing, sanitizing must be done again before putting new gloves on
- Following the CDC guidelines, hands should also be washed at the end of your shift.
- All volunteers must remain 6 feet apart from each other
- No fast food allowed in the building, i.e. Uber Eats, DoorDash, etc
- Disaster Response & Recovery